Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm an hour late on tonight's musical selection, but fuggit.



Choppa here with all the news that's fit to print at 4 AM on Sunday morning.

First of all, Colt McCoy is a Texas legend. And the rest of the gang ain't too shabby either. Kudos to Mack and the boys for handily dispatching Missouri 56-31 at DKR. It's looking like we might have a for real-for real championship run on our hands, provided we can survive the rest of Big XII play this year.

In other play-with-your-balls news, get your shit together, D-Rays. Celtics and Sox in one year. Eff that.

Turning now to the literary department, I picked up a couple books at half price today: Dracula, which I've already started, and The Milagro Beanfield War, which apparently no good New Mexican should be without. Dracula is decent, 70 pages in. It's told in the form of journals and letters back and forth between the main characters, which is an interesting multiple POV take, but a lot of the content seems very superfluous, and until somebody's getting imprisoned by vampires or double crossed by gypsies, it's tough to figure out where he's going with this. It's a good pre-Halloween read though.

And on a cigar note, I smoked half of an Olivia Serie V churchill this afternoon while reading. Spicy smoke, with a nice body to it. Draw was a little difficult, but my cutter didn't fit all the way around the cap, so that may have been the problem. Good first half, but I had to put it out because the game was about to start, and when I came back to smoke the rest, it was mad chilly outside, so I gave up pretty quickly. I dislike temperatures below 60.

And on that note, goodnight, Ned.

0 comments: